The approach of Gourmet Touring Ltd to handling personal data relating to its customers is very straightforward; Gourmet Touring Ltd is committed to ensuring it handles all personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and associated regulations, whether acting in a data controller capacity or as a data processor for its clients. This means any personal data will be:
- processed fairly and lawfully
- obtained only for making bookings with Gourmet Touring Ltd and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes or released to any third party unless it is required by them to complete a booking made through Gourmet Touring Ltd
- adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which it is required
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- not be kept for longer than is necessary
- processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act.
Appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data. Gourmet Touring Ltd may wish to send updates and news of future events to customers unless an individual requests otherwise. An individual is entitled to ask Gourmet Touring Ltd for:
- the personal data of which that individual is the data subject
- the reasons their personal data is being or will be processed
- the recipients of that data.
Gourmet Touring Ltd is not obliged to supply any personal data to an individual unless the following have been received:
- a request in writing
- payment of a 30.00€ fee
- sufficient information to satisfy Gourmet Touring Ltd of the identity of the person making the request.